To participate, you must be enrolled with an institution of higher education, studying architecture or design, and must be at least 18 years old.
By submitting content, you confirm that you wish to enter the Lunawood
Urban Challenge and you confirm your agreement to the official rules
and to the other terms and conditions in this document.
Below are the official rules.
THE OBJECT OF THE COMPETITION
The objective for an entry in the competition is to create a design that meets
the format, content, and other requirements identified in the competition
summary (under ‘The Challenge’). Lunawood digital design tools are the
main focus for the design process and may be used freely.
The competition is open only to natural persons who at the time of entry are
enrolled with an institution of higher education where they study architecture or design and who are at least 18 years of age.
• This competition is designed to constitute a design event for purposes of
redesigning existing public construction or spaces.
• Digital design tools from Lunawood’s BIM library are to be used in the
• You agree to participate in the event lawfully.
• You represent and agree that no materials you submit, upload, share, publish,
display, or otherwise provide (‘post’ below) to fulfil the competition’s requirements infringes upon any personal or proprietary rights of a third party. This
includes text, graphics, drawings, photographs and renderings, other images,
and all other data or information (hereinafter ‘Content’).
• You may not copy/reproduce, modify, download or otherwise transfer, create
derivative works from, publish, display, or save any Content from the Lunawood
web site that you do not own or have explicit permission to use in the manner
• In the event that you become aware of any potential third-party claim related
to Content posted by you as a participant, you shall notify the Lunawood Urban
Challenge staff within 24 hours of becoming aware of said claim at
• Lunawood shall receive ownership rights to all submissions. Please refer to
the section ‘User Materials’, below, for further details.
The competition opens on 18 January 2021. Entries for the competition must
be received no later than 11:59pm (EEST) on 20 April 2021 (referred to as ‘the
HOW TO ENTER
You are to enter the competition only once. All entries must comply with the
entry requirements identified on the Lunawood Urban Challenge’s competition
web site. It is each participant’s responsibility to ensure compliance with these
SELECTION OF WINNERS
There will be, in all, three main prizes for the winners of this competition. The
winners will be selected and announced on 18 May 2021 on the Lunawood
Urban Challenge page. Please refer to the section ‘The Categories and Prizes’
for an overview of the prizes.
• By participating in this competition, the participant grants a perpetual royalty-free and sub-licensable worldwide licence to Lunawood (and its partners and other sub-licensees) to use any Content provided, for purposes of
promoting, planning, and conducting future events and advancing
Lunawood Thermowood and Lunawood’s (and partners’) other products,
services, and digital design tools, which may be done by way of electronic and printed publications, educational events, and other forms of public
display. The above-mentioned licence shall encompass the right to alter the
works and a right to transfer the rights in question to others.
The participant may share the design proposal on his or her own media
channels such as social media and his or her professional portfolio, but the
Lunawood Urban Challenge should be mentioned in the forewords.
We strongly recommend the entrant not to share the final design before the
deadline, to forestall possible copying and misuse.
• Lunawood assumes no responsibility for designs or Content posted by the
participant. Backup copies of these are solely the responsibility of participants, to be managed at their own expense.
• Under no circumstance shall the participant take any action against
Lunawood for claims of impropriety related to the conducting, judging,
organisation, management, or running of the competition that the event
LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
• Lunawood is not liable for the activities and conduct of any user of the hosted
site to which all entries are to be uploaded.
• Lunawood also shall bear no responsibility for any loss or damage, including
loss of or damage to the participant’s Content, that may arise directly or indirectly in relation to any service disruption.
• Participants shall not contact the jury, under any circumstances.
• Lunawood and each of its directors, officers, employees, or partners are not
responsible to any participant (or anyone else) for any indirect, consequential,
exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive content-related damages.
• The participant in the Lunawood Urban Challenge hereby accepts and acknowledges having no right, contractual or otherwise, to be recognised as a
winner of an award. Winners are determined, and prizes awarded, at the sole
and absolute discretion of the appointed panel.
• The participant hereby accepts and acknowledges that the panel’s decisions
in selecting the awards’ winners are final and not subject to appeal. The participant shall indemnify Lunawood and the appointed panel from, against, and
in respect of any and all liabilities, damages, losses, deficiencies, costs, judgements, amounts paid in settlement, interest, and penalties.
• By using the site, the participant is subject to the laws and jurisdiction of Finland. Should the participant initiate any claim or action against Lunawood, this
shall be done only in a Finnish court of law.